My career path:
· United States Marine Corps Infantry Officer 1985-1988 (Rifle Platoon Commander, Weapons Platoon Commander, STA Platoon Commander)
· Los Angeles Police Department 1990-Present (Patrol, Metropolitan Division, Gang Enforcement Detail, Use of Force Review; currently Tactics Training Unit supervisor)
· Experienced and successful multi-sport athlete
· Five time consecutive Los Angeles, State of California, and US Champion of the “Toughest Cop Alive (TCA)” Competition.
· Second Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do (Chung Do Kwan), Blue Belt in Jiu Jitsu, trained in Jeet Kune Do concepts, Korean Hapkido, Thai Boxing, etc…I’ve competed in mixed martial arts tournaments.
· Current Certified Emergency Medical Technician, State of California
· CPR/AED currently certified
· Krav Maga Worldwide Law Enforcement Instructor certified
· Crossfit Level One Instructor
· Completed many road race, power lifting, and multidisciplinary athletic events, including the Alcatraz Biathlon (swim/run), Baker to Vegas relay, California Police Games (biathlon, swimming, bench press), World Police and Fire Games (Toughest Cop Alive), California Police Olympics, to name a few.
Interviewed and covered by ESPN and featured on the American Gladiators television show as a competitor in the “arena”.
DVRT Level I and II Certified Instructor
· Lives in Valencia, CA 91354
· Email Artttom@aol.com